The worse thing that can happen to any of us in our lives is to come to the end, only to realize we lived without ever really living.
This should make you pause and if your like me, the reality of this truth will make you shutter, taking a hard look at your life and the direction it’s going.
Why is it we let our minds get the best of us? It’s like an amusement park ride that continues to operate, without ever leaving its place. Why do we hesitate to make decisions, fearing the worst and neglecting to acknowledge the best and what that would mean for our lives?
While there are many possible reasons, I’d like to highlight two: 1) We’re so busy that we don’t allow ourselves the time to ask ourselves what we really want. 2) We have weak muscles. By this I mean we haven’t yet conditioned our minds to point to what we want.
Life is happening now. If we could only realize, and I mean really understand, that the only thing holding us back from our dreams are ourselves, we would be unstoppable… Living in the now starts by digging the stakes in the ground and deciding what we want and won’t allow for in our lives.
We’re going to do a fun exercise. I’m going to ask you to trust me and play along with me. Do I have your permission? Ok.
- Write down one thing, that if you were to obtain it this year, it would really get you excited.
- Got one? Now take that one thing and closing your eyes (this is the trust part), I want you to imagine that it’s already been realized, saying out loud “Thank you, thank you, thank you for ___________ (fill in the blank).
- With your eyes still closed, what are a few words that can describe the way it feels?
- Who’s the first person you would call to share your news? Imagining the conversation, what would you tell them? What would they say back to you?
- Last question, how has this improved your life and if you could do this, what else would you be capable of?
If you completed this exercise, there is no doubt in my mind that you’re feeling pretty good! This is the state of mind you must be in in order to achieve and attract what you want. You must anticipate it as if you already know it’s going to happen, but you can’t just do it once… You’ve got to rehearse it over and over, so that you condition your mind to feel that it will happen.
With that, I leave you with a couple of parting thoughts…
“It’s time you realize, this isn’t a dress rehearsal. It’s your life.” –Unknown
“Every day, stand guard to the door of your mind.” –Jim Rohn
Dream big and have the audacity to pursue it. Thank you for choosing Raus and remember to always... Take a moment. Enjoy now.